Deadline: July 20, 2023
- Be between 18 and 35 years old;
- Be a national of Ecuador and live in Ecuador;
- Work or lead an initiative in the fields of mental health, climate change (care for the oceans and the Amazon), women’s advocacy or migration;
- Demonstrated commitment to positive change;
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Understanding of major local and/or global issues;
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
Applications for the Youth United in Action National Award to Attend the One Young World Summit 2023 are now open. One Young World strives to identify the most influential young leaders from every country in the world. Their goal is to promote and make visible the work of these young catalysts who drive development results. Through various scholarship programs, One Young World provides funding for these young leaders to have the opportunity to attend the Annual Summit and become part of the global community of One Young World Ambassadors.
As part of the One Young World National Awards, they are proud to launch the 2023 Youth United in Action National Award. The award will be given to an outstanding young leader from each of Ecuador’s 24 provinces who demonstrates ethical leadership skills and a positive impact in the following areas:
- Mental health: It is related to projects for the promotion, awareness, and destigmatization of mental health, access to mental health for disadvantaged people, and the promotion of good practices in everyday life.
- Climate change: Its main objectives are initiatives that seek to combat climate change (care of the oceans and the Amazon) and its effects, through education, technological innovation, sustainability, clean energy and the preservation of flora and fauna.
- Women’s Advocacy: It focuses on projects that seek the prevention of violence against women and their rescue in situations of vulnerability.
- Migration: It is related to projects that seek to support migrants in situations of vulnerability and social integration, the prevention of human trafficking, and projects that seek to discourage illegal migration processes.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast.
- Lifetime affiliation to the OYW community.
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 2 and 5 (inclusive) October 2023 for the Summit.
- If necessary, a one-night hotel for the visa application process.
- One additional night on October 1 before the Summit.
- Return travel expenses to Belfast (economy class flights).
- If necessary, travel expenses for the visa application process.
- Visa costs, if applicable (including visa fees and travel required for the visa appointment).
- Food is offered as follows: Breakfast at the hotel accommodation and, lunch and dinner at the Summit.
- Transportation between Summit accommodation and Summit venue.
- 7 days of daily expenses (£20 per day).
- Travel insurance between October 2 and 5, 2023.
- Translation services for the Opening Ceremony, Plenary Sessions, and Closing Ceremony.
- Access to post-Summit development opportunities.
Young people from all ethnic groups in Ecuador (mestizos, Afro-Ecuadorians, indigenous, montunos, or others) are encouraged to apply for the 2023 Jóvenes Unidos en Acción National Award.