Deadline: August 31, 2023
- Open to anyone between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Born or currently living in Africa or part of the African diaspora.
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Creativity, passion and originality;
- Relevance to the theme of alternative visions for Africa’s peoples and landscapes;
- Clarity of expression and communication of ideas;
- Overall impact and effectiveness.
Do you have a powerful story to share about your vision for a thriving Africa where landscapes are healthy, communities prosper, and justice prevails? Apply for the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) African Youth Storytelling Contest 2023.
Ahead of GLF Nairobi 2023, the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) are hosting a storytelling contest for young Africans to unleash their creativity and share their visions for thriving landscapes across the continent. Let your imagination run wild and your story unfold!
They believe that storytelling has the power to ignite change, inspire action, and connect people across borders. After an incredible storytelling contest last year featuring stories from every corner of the continent, the 2023 Africa Youth Storytelling Contest will provide a platform for your visions to reach a global stage.
- The top 10 to 15 entries will be featured on the GLF website and social media channels, as well as during GLF Nairobi 2023, reaching thousands of people gathered in person and online to forge a brighter future for the world’s landscapes.
- Apart from the incredible opportunity to showcase your talent and share your vision with a global audience, the three best stories will receive prizes of EUR 500, 300 and 200 respectively.
They welcome a diverse range of storytelling forms that capture the essence of your vision for a thriving Africa.
- Video: short films, interviews, documentaries – anything you like! (In case you’re facing data limitations, you’re welcome to submit audio stories).
- Poetry or music: Original poetry, songs or any other forms of art may also be included in your video or audio story.
- Art or animation: You can submit artwork (paintings, sculptures, etc.) or animations associated with the contest theme.
- Another creative medium that showcases your unique perspective.
Submitting your entry is a breeze!
- Don’t forget to include a photo of yourself in the application.
- Remember to include the following in your story (e.g. at the beginning or end of the video or audio):
- Your full name
- Your municipality and country
- The name of your community
- The logo of your organization (if applicable)
In case you want to send your video or audio story in any language other than English, also provide an English transcript in the relevant part of the application form.