The NL Scholarship (formerly known as the Holland Scholarship) is a scholarship program offered by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who are applying for a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at a participating Dutch research university or university of applied sciences.
The scholarship is worth €5,000 per year and is awarded for the first year of studies. It is not a full-tuition scholarship, but it can be used to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs associated with studying in the Netherlands.
To be eligible for the NL Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student from outside the EEA
- Have a non-EU/EEA passport or residence permit
- Be applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s degree program at a participating Dutch research university or university of applied sciences
- Have a good academic track record
- Demonstrate motivation and leadership potential
The application deadline for the NL Scholarship varies depending on the participating institution. You can find the specific deadlines on the websites of the institutions you are interested in applying to.
If you are interested in applying for the NL Scholarship, I encourage you to do your research and start the application process early. The scholarship is very competitive, so you will need to make sure that you have a strong application.
Here are some tips for applying for the NL Scholarship:
- Make sure you meet all of the eligibility criteria.
- Choose a program that is a good fit for your interests and qualifications.
- Start the application process early so that you have enough time to gather all of the required documents.
- Write a strong application essay that highlights your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and motivation for studying in the Netherlands.
- Get letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals who can attest to your academic abilities and potential.
The list of participating universities in NL Scholarship are :
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University Kampen
Universities of Applied Sciences:
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Design Academy Eindhoven
- Driestar educatief
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your application!